Android owners in the US spent an average of 56 minutes per day interacting with the Web and apps via their phones in June 2011 and of that time, two-thirds (67%) was spent using mobile apps while one-third (33%) was spent browsing the mobile Web, according to a report from Nielsen Smartphone Analytics.
- Android activations swelling to over 100 million worldwide (112 countries) on 215 carriers and 36 manufacturers
- 310 different Android devices
- 400,000 activations per day, compared to 100,000/day in May of 2010, 200,000/day in August and 300,000/day in December.
- 200,000 Android applications are now available in the marketplace
- More than 15 billion apps have been downloaded
- More than 425,000 apps are available
- More than 100,000 native iPad apps are available
- More than 200 million iDevice users
- The average iDevice has over 75 apps on it.
- In one month in summer 2011 roughly over 1,000,000,000 apps were downloaded.